-... .-. .- .. -. -.. .- -. -.-. .

Thursday

Ennio Morricone

Ennio Morricone is a true genius. I very much enjoy all of the music he has ever made. I will happily watch any western he has done the music for time and time again. I was on his official website the other day:http://www.enniomorricone.it/uk/news.php when I came across this little beauty:
The International Musical Composition Contest entitled to Goffredo Petrassi was created to pay an homage to the Maestro by a worldwide promotion of the New Music he loved.
The Jury of the Contest is composed of eminent composers chosen by the organisation on the President of the Jury's advice, M° ENNIO MORRICONE.
Each contestant must send the subscription form within July10 2009.
I will be doing something for this, I have more chance of pooing out diamonds than I do of winning, but it feels like a lush thing to do.
The President of the French Republic, Nicolas Sarkozy, has signed a decree appointing M° Ennio Morricone to the rank of Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor, about time I reckon, the man totally deserves it. Also the music for the good bad and the ugly has been nominated to go into the musical hall of fame. Seriously, I thought it was already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discombobulated correlation for all like minded braindancers

My photo
Musings, reflections, observations, lovely clothes, food, books, art and the total assimilation parenthood creates.