-... .-. .- .. -. -.. .- -. -.-. .

Monday

The rather lovely Valentine from My Valentine Journals has tagged me to answer some questions, this has never happened to me before, so here you go.



What is your current obsession?
Strict shelving non-fiction, The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende, costume jewellery from car boots and finding well fitting vintage trousers, for me, the holy grail. And learning to beat match records properly in the next two weeks.


What is your horoscope and do you relate?
I am a Gemini, and yes, I do relate very much so. Fickle, non-committal and an airy fairy dreamer.

What are you wearing today?
Sunday gear consists of: 5 year old Timberland brown cords, cream/grey zebra print short sleeved top and a green cardigan that screams librarian. And some really decent slippers my mum brought me back from her sex, I mean religious pilgrimage to Mijigurie.

What is the last thing you bought?
These yellow sandals, even though we have had NO summer at all. I live in hope...
I had bought the orange ones a while back, triple xxx comfort zone, I went back for the yellows. Don’t judge me


What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Valentine is a lush addition to the blog world, I read her wistful words often, I have an inkling she is one of the good guys.


What's for dinner?
Roast leg of lamb stuffed with garlic cloves and rosemary, roast potatoes, carrots, courgettes and peas. Oh, Yorkshire puddings as well, any excuse to cook those bad boys up, and I’m on it. Normally people eat them with roast beef, but I rarely cook that, so I did them with the lamb.
Sometimes I cook a massive Yorkshire pudding and fill it with roast veg. Apple pie and ice cream for pudding. Traditional Sunday fare.


What's your favourite decade, fashion wise?
Erm, that is a tough choice, I will have to cheat on this one I reckon. Stanley Kubrik
for the late 60’s.


Ossie Clarke for the 70’s,


art deco for the 20’s



and Joan Crawford for the 40’s.

I am also strongly influenced by Sci-Fi books anf films when it comes to my party clothes


What are your must-have's for summer?
A tan, strawberry Daiquiris,


early night time walks to the beach




that result in rock pool swimming




boat parties




and decent raves with lush music


Oh, and sunshine. That would be a bonus.


What would you love to be able to afford?
Really long family holidays to places like Japan, South America, Finland and Australia.


What is your favorite piece of clothing from your wardrobe?
My Ossie Clarke dress, and a man’s short kimono


What is your dream job?
Doing a Midwifery course, then a masters. I would then like to travel the world, practicing midwifery, and writing books about what I have learnt and my daily experiences

What is your favourite magazine?
I gave up magazines a while ago. I was splashing the cash on things that made me feel lustful and jealous.
I would have to say, nowadays, the best magazine for me is New Scientist or Private Eye. I used to read a whole load of crap as well, like Grazia and Vogue.

Describe your personal style?
Colourful, vintage and multi-textured when at work or playing, mummy uniform when clocked on at home.

Which Beatle is your favorite?
I do not have one *hears collective gasp of all reading* I am not a Beatles fan. I respect them, but I do not admire or enjoy them on a personal level. My old boys band would have to be Return To Forever, and if I had to choose a favourite, it would be a tough call between Stanley Clark and Al Di Meola
What are you proud of?
My ability to dust myself off and get up, my children and husband, the years I have dedicated to reading, and tuning into the Braindance Coincidence
And my secret crumble mixture deserves a mention


I think the gist of this is that you tag others, So I am tagging:

Calamity Jem from http://calamityjems-vintage-vaudeville.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I'm kind of dying to go on one of your boat parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal in life is to get you to cook dinner for me.

    ReplyDelete

Discombobulated correlation for all like minded braindancers

My photo
Musings, reflections, observations, lovely clothes, food, books, art and the total assimilation parenthood creates.